2022: Exploring the Pacific Northwest (8570)
9 days from Seattle to Portland
This 9-day escorted tour of America's magnificent Pacific Northwest from Seattle, Washington to Portland, Oregon will renew the spirit with breathtaking sights and experiences. Begin in the vibrant city of Seattle and travel through the beauty of the Cascade Mountains. Enjoy German food in the Cascades and taste wine in the vineyards of Washington's wine country. Take in the mountain air along the Hood River with a visit to Mount Hood, more than 11,000 feet above sea level on your way to Bend to sample local Oregon craft beers. Visit Crater Lake National Park with a drive around the rim encircling the deep blue waters in this spectacular setting. Explore windswept Oregon Dunes via dune buggy!Travel along spectacular views of the Oregon Coast on the 101 Highway en route to Newport's historic Bayfront. Follow Three Capes Scenic Route for breathtaking views and explore Meares Cape Lighthouse, then try the famous cheeses and saltwater taffy in Tillamook. See Lewis and Clark's 'End of the Trail' in Seaside and enjoy the shops and sandy reaches of this lovely resort town. Continue to the coastal city of Astoria-nestled in the hills above the Columbia River. Marvel at Multnomah Falls 611-foot cataract en route to Portland, the 'City of Roses.' This guided vacation in North America's Pacific Northwest is a stunning adventure like no other.
Call (843) 259-7848 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15544958
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Seattle||Welcome to the Emerald City! Your Tour Director is on hand late this afternoon to answer any questions.|
|Day 2||SEATTLE-LEAVENWORTH-YAKIMA||This morning begins with city sightseeing which includes the Pike Place Market. Then onto the Bavarian styled village of Leavenworth, in the Cascade Mountains, in central Washington State. Time to explore Alpine-style buildings with restaurants serving German beer and food on Front Street. Arrive in Washington's wine country and visit a local winery for a tasting. (CB)|
|Day 3||Bend||This morning, take in vistas of famous Mount Hood, towering over the valley below at 11,239 feet. Continue to the picturesque city of Bend for a 2-night stay. This evening is at leisure to explore some of Bend's 27 breweries and restaurants (CB).|
|Day 4||Bend||The day begins with a visit to the High Desert Museum for a self-guided tour that highlights the true Spirit of the West. Return to Bend where the remainder of the day is at your leisure. You may want to browse the downtown area's many shops and art galleries, stroll along the Deschutes River, and tour the famous Deschutes Brewery to enjoy free samples of beer. (B)|
|Day 5||BEND-CRATER LAKE NATIONAL PARK-MEDFORD||Today is devoted to Crater Lake National Park. Founded in 1902, Crater Lake is the fifth-oldest national park in the United States. The rim drive offers spectacular views of the deep blue circular lake. Overnight in Medford. (B)|
|Day 6||MEDFORD-FLORENCE-NEWPORT||This morning, visit the Oregon Dunes National Recreation Visitor Center. Learn why the Oregon Dunes are a unique area of windswept sand and the product of millions of years of erosion by wind and rain on the Oregon Coast. Follow the coast north to Florence, and enjoy an exciting guided dune buggy ride on the Oregon Dunes. Head east through Old Town Florence, which overlooks one of the many famous 1930s-era bridges set along scenic U.S. 101, the Oregon Coast Highway. End your day with a walk around Newport's Historic Bayfront, where you may see (and hear) sea lions barking, or perhaps dine on superb Dungeness crab cakes at Local Ocean Seafoods.|
|Day 7||NEWPORT-CAPE MEARS-TILLAMOOK-ASTORIA||For a taste of the dramatic Oregon coastline, we follow the Three Capes Scenic Route, which provides an excellent view of the most populous colonies of nesting sea birds on the continent. Explore Cape Meares Lighthouse, the shortest lighthouse in Oregon, standing at just 38 feet high. Enjoy a break in Tillamook, best known for its famous cheese and tasty saltwater taffy, before continuing to the resort city of Seaside, bursting with shops and great places to eat, miles of sandy beach and a grand promenade to stroll. See the 'End of the Trail' monument dedicated to the Lewis & Clark expedition. Overnight in the coastal city of Astoria with Victorian-era homes etched into hills overlooking the Columbia River. This picturesque settlement is a port city with Scandinavian flavor and great local brews.|
|Day 8||ASTORIA-PORTLAND||Depart for the City of Roses, Portland. En route, visit Multnomah Falls, a 611-foot-tall roaring and awe-inspiring cascade of icy water. After time for lunch, visit Washington Park, home of the International Rose Test Garden, followed by a Portland city sightseeing tour that shows you an enlightened city rich with artwork, parks, bridges, downtown trains, and streetcars.|
|Day 9||Portland||Your vacation ends this morning. You can extend your vacation with extra nights and explore the City of Roses further. Your Tour Director will have suggestions. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Gratuities for Tour Director and driver are available for pre-purchase.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).